Monday, December 29, 2008

Ice Skating

Everytime we go to the Galleria, we spend a good amount of time watching the ice skaters and listening to Zac's seemingly innocent ponderings...

I guess I've just never been ice skating before.
[insert light sigh]


When I grow up, I am going to go ice skating.

[insert dreamy smile]

I sure wish you loved me enough to take me ice skating.
[insert a glance upward with glistening brown eyes]


Okay. The last one never happened.
But it might as well have.
Needless to say, we promised a day of ice skating.


*And like many events over Christmas 2008, we are without the camera. (I can't believe the blackberry is referred to as the crackberry when it has come in such handy...)


Look at that smile.
We are initially deceived at the idea that ice skates will fit like 21st century shoes.
And not a 19th century torture device.




Zac is thrilled. He can hardly stand it.
We think that here he is envisioning gliding on the ice like the Stars hockey players he idolizes.
Or at least being able to manage as well as his 4-wheel roller skates around our driveway.



He's a natural!


Dude. These skates hurt.
I mean, Let's go have some fun, kiddo!



Not as skilled as he initially hoped.



How come the kid gets cool hockey skates and the old guy gets figure skates?


Kind of getting it...




He stands by himself! Someone hand the kid a hockey stick!


Skating with Mom

We look happy, but none of us can actually feel our toes.



After about 15 minutes, we all decided to take a break.
$33 later... Zac decides the Zamboni is his favorite part.

No comments: