Thursday, April 15, 2010

Quick Pics

I have 10 million other things to do right now. The living room is a total mess. But nothing sounds more fun than making Selah Grace some new shirts in the middle of a mess. And I've already drug out her fabric and ribbon trying to create something new and fabulous.

But, instead of cleaning OR sewing... I'm on the computer! So productive...


Here are some pictures from my phone. They are in total random order, but they all occurred within the last week, so I feel like that's good enough. :)




This is when we went to a Wildcats baseball game after Z's soccer practice. Zac got really into the game! Which made Brian so secretly happy, because THIS is the same exact field where he pitched for his high school baseball team. In fact, they still have the same coach!! Brian went out to say hi to him! Our neighborhood is really "small town" in a weird in-the-middle-of-the-city kind of way.

Here is ZZ watching the game. He's on the far right. Next to him is one of his very very best buddies. :)


And my boys in the bleachers... SO CUTE!!





Oh, and this is when we went to Salata. Have you ever been? YUMMO!! I highly recommend it. I feel full, yet very healthy at the same time. This is Selah Grace with the manager, who happens to be one of Brian's childhood friends. He actually bought Zac a BIKE last summer. Isn't he a sweetie? It makes me forget all the stories I hear about them getting in trouble in high school.



This is when we got to go on another DATE NIGHT! Yippee!!! We have now found a way to go twice a month with free babysitting. It ROCKS. Another thing I highly recommend. It's very very good for us to reconnect and we desperately need it at this point in our lives. I count down until these date nights when I get Brian all to myself! Our marriage feels refreshed and calm and peaceful and restored. Even if it's just for one night...ha! Have you had a date night lately? No? GO PLAN ONE!

Oh - and can I just say that PF Changs totally rocks? As you may know, I'm dairy free for Selah Grace. I have a good list of things I can eat, and for the most part it isn't a hassle. Except for restaurants. Eating out is a total hassle. But not here! They just enter "milk" into their computer system and it prints out my very own 5-page menu of all the things I can eat. Cool!

Another refreshing time - girlfriends!!! We had a Tour of Homes with the early childhood pta in our neighborhood. They offered babysitting, but I ended up sharing a babysitter with a friend (1 16-year-old and 5 kids!). Selah Grace got an awesome morning nap and Zac had a total blast with his friends. And me? I had SO.MUCH.FUN. It wasn't wild crazy fun. But it was calm peaceful adult fun with sweet sweet girls! We loved seeing the homes on the tour and dreaming about remodeling our own homes. (ha) Then there was a luncheon and a huge silent auction. Good times! Love these girls and the 13.5 kids we have between us! ;)

Last but not least - here is my baby princess! I woke up early that morning and decided to whip up this little dress before church. Brian got up an hour later and just laughed at me. I believe his exact words were, "Why am I not surprised?" I do this quite often. I've even done it at my inlaws' house. lol! It's just way too much fun to make little girlie dresses. :)

In other news:
*We go on our vacation soon! Yippee!!
*My photography business is insane! I had 6 sessions last weekend. Whew! But I LOVE it. :)
*Brian is playing softball again. I love cheering for my man - GO Disciples!!!
*Zac's soccer team has pretty much won every game. He's pretty good and we are so proud!
*Looks like we are taking the training wheels off Z's bike soon. Cannot believe it - big boy!
*Selah Grace finally swallowed a little banana. And she inhales Cheerios. I guess we should do some veggies soon. ;)

That's all I can think of. Brian's at his game right now. It's the first one I've missed. :( I told him NO homeruns when I wasn't there. He told me NO mess when he got home. He got the better end of that deal.

Oh, want to hear a funny story about Brian's baseball? (can you tell I'm still procrastinating?)

So, when we had just met, Brian played for the church softball league. I had been to other games with my friends, so when he mentioned he was playing, I took him up on watching and I showed up to his game. We were just barely dating, so this was a fun little safe thing where we could meet up.

Now, anyone that knows Brian knows that he is SO humble. He's like the total opposite of an exaggerater. Any story he tells, I have to ADD in some exaggeration to get what probably really happened.

Well, I didn't know this back then, and when he described his softball playing ability, it made me think he was... well... pretty sucky.

So, I get to this softball game and I see some friends, and sit down. And they're asking me if I'm there to see anyone, and I kind of blow off the question.... kind of embarrassed because Brian made himself sound like the worst player on the team.

Anyways, he gets up to bat, and swings, and the bat hits the ball and makes this CRACK sound that reverberates across the field and the ball goes flying (can you tell who exaggerates in our relationship?), and his long legs take off like a cheetah (was that too much?) around the bases. I was shocked! I think he got to 3rd base or something that first time.

And I pick my jaw up off the ground and tell everyone I'm with him. Totally.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your stories!! And you need a brightly-colored beaded necklace (turquoise?, hot pink?) to go with that strapless black dress! ;-)

~~~~~ The House of Big Cheese~~~~ said...

Cute dress :)

I am way obsessed with the photography thing too, just can't bring myself to charge anything ..LOL

I am loving reading about it too, a great website, that I LOVE, that is SOOOO helpful is ILP- Ilovephotography.com.

What a gold mine, of ideas and talent!

Which camera are you using more the d40 or d50???

Love the update :)

The Cobbs said...

Sarah! I found your blog:) And by the way...you know Amy Woodard??!! We're college friends:)