A and SG are so close in age (17 mo), that we are starting to have sharing issues.
We didn't have that issue with z for several reasons. He was an only child for 5 years of course! In the daycare, there were mostly girls his age, and they played with very separate things. Even during the years when I babysat a little girl (who happened to be 17mo apart in age from Z), they never had sharing issues. Also, ZZ has a very giving personality. He's the kid giving away his toys at a playdate...haha.
SG and A are more competitive, they like the same things, SG is kinda bossy and reactive, and A is very calm but determined. Perfect storm!
The sharing argument is usually SG flipping out trying to get away from A and screaming, "Asher's gonna get it!!! Asher's gonna get it!!!" And while A is quiet, he is fast and a good climber and very grabby and pretty relentless if he wants something.
It's actually really really funny to watch.
I rely a lot on SG's desire to be nurturing. If she is my "helper" or pretending to be A's "teacher" then I can usually diffuse the arguing. If I give A a turn with the coveted toy, she spends the time offering him other toys and making them sound more fun.
"Asher! A ball! So fun! Asher! Want to hold the barbies? Asher! Look! Do you want this airplane?!"
They are starting to play together more, which I am SO excited about. I love to see their relationship grow and develop, even if it involves a little drama sometimes.
In this pic, Asher finally got to play with the xylophone - a very rare treat for him because SG is constantly giving us concerts with it. He actually played it pretty well! :)
Friday, March 2, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment