Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My first attempt at shoes

Baby booties for Selah Grace!

I figure I better learn how to make them, because this frugal mama can't afford to spend too much money on etsy!


Right now, I have lots of black/white fabric left over from her nursery. I think this girlie needs some black pants to go with these shirts. I want to make some that flare on the ends. Then I have this great idea to buy some black tights, then cut off the ends and sew some fringe. Fun! I also love baby legs... black baby legs would be really cute with these.


This first pair of shoes I designed to be able to hold a hairbow on each shoe. These are kind of supposed to be like ankle-boots. I think the zebra stripes look cute with so many colors (hot pink, red, turquoise, etc), and wanted to be able to mix/match with different bows. I still need to make matching bows for each shoe and a hairband. And maybe another to clip onto the end of the stripe on her shirt. :)






These turned out cuter than I thought they would. I love the satin ribbon, and need to make a hairbow to clip onto a hairband to go with this shirt.


I'm going to try and sew some Robeez-like shoes next. I just need to find some leather for the bottoms.
>
I'd also like to try to figure out Mary Jane's and sew her name on the strap that comes across her foot.

I love sewing her name on everything. This is FUN!! :)

1 comment:

myfriar said...

So cute, Sarah! Selah will be the best dressed gal in town!

Would you like to come teach my sewing machine to be so crafty? ;)