Sweet ZZ is so funny. Always cracking us up - whether it's with his jokes or his vast knowledge of song lyrics (seriously, it's crazy!). He leaves us little notes all the time that say things like "Zac loves Mom and Dad" on his easel and on the fridge whiteboard.
And he's so thoughtful - he took the time to read through the ingredients on his cereal this morning and said, "Mom! You can eat this - it doesn't have milk in it!"
He is so gentle with Selah Grace. His voice gets really high when he talks to her. I've caught him one too many times carrying her around. (scares me!) We pray with him before he leaves every other weekend, and he always includes something like, "God, please be with Selah Grace while I'm gone and don't let her cry in the backseat when I'm not there with her." He gets very concerned about her missing him when he's not around.
His reading is amazing. We were driving to Denton last week, and from the back seat we hear, "Oh, there's Lewisville Veterinary Hospital." He reads better and more fluently than some of my 2nd grade students back when I was teaching! When we are reading chapter books and it's my turn, I read fairly quickly - but he follows along well enough to correct me if I mess up a word. It surprises me every time.
Art isn't his forte, and I've tried to encourage it with an art box at our house. Still, he really isn't into it at all and rarely does anything artistic. But yesterday at Sunday School, he made a stick person and cut out tissue paper for its clothes. He said he needed help with the tissue paper, but I was still so proud of him! :)
We talked to Zac about making a Christmas list. He took the toys r us catalog and circled about 836 toys in there. Then he brought us the catalog and exclaimed,
"Mom! Dad! Look how many toys I'm getting!" (sadly we had to explain that's not how it works...haha)
This morning, we were wrapping up huge box to put in our clubhouse for Toys for Tots. I was pasting the sign on there and he says,
"Toys for Tots? ..... like tator tots?"
He loves people. He is an absolute people person. He loves any excuse to be with other kids. He loves co-op. He loves the mall play area, and makes a friend every time we go. He loves Mops and bible study. And he LOVES LOVES LOVES playdates!
He is 100% BOY. Last weekend at the Tech game, we found a kids play area at the stadium. He immediately went up to another boy his age, and the conversation went like this:
Zac: Hi
Boy: Hi. Want to fight?
Zac: Sure!
And they both threw down on the floor, rolling around, laughing, and wrestling. The other mom and I were cracking up - it was so random and so..... BOY.
At the same time, he is a total cuddler. He gives back massages and foot massages. Every morning, he wakes us up to cuddle and then he gives us neck massages. He still loves to be carried and he loves to snuggle on the couch.
I love to cook with him. It takes longer, but he truly enjoys the whole process. I love to drive with him and hear him singing in the backseat. His dancing is SO cute! I love when he signs "I love you" from across the room. I love watching him sleep when I check on him.... surrounded by so much junk in his bed that I'm shocked he was even able to fall asleep in the mess. I love our little games and inside jokes and the joy that he brings to our family. He is priceless. Mama loves you ZZ-baby!!
Monday, November 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a sweet post Sarah - so hard to believe how fast our kiddos are growing up. Can I pick your brain to find out what you did with Z to help him be able to read so quickly and well??? I'd love to find out how you do it.
We check on you often and are continuing to pray for your family!
Much love,
Roger, Amanda, Karys and Hannah
Aw!
He is a keeper for sure.
I was an early reader myself and be prepared for him to devour books at a fast pace as he gets older :) I would literally have to be grounded from reading I loved it so much.
This is such a sweet little age.
It is funny you say ZZ isn't arty because Houston will draw for HOURS... and better than I can...LOL
I love seeing all their little godly gifts flourish :)
You have a great kiddo for sure :)
Post a Comment