Our new year is starting out kind of perfect. I asked Brian tonight, "Is this real life?" We've just had several reminders lately about how God redeems. My word for this year is hope. I'm going to work on that.
Our fam is hitting a sweet spot. At this moment, the kids have been playing upstairs by themselves for so long, that we are already an hour past their bedtime. And we don't care. ;) We have had a really great Christmas break and are in terrible, but very fun, habits.
Today we broke out the Easy-Bake oven. SG "cooked" some pink "sugar cookies" that turned out like rubbery play-doh. And all three kids devoured the four tiny blobs. And loved it.
Then I took Z to a birthday party with 12 boys that would start at a karate studio and end in a huge slumber party where each boy brought his electronic device with which he play Minecraft. As I drove off, the wrestling was in full swing. Bless it.
We took the little kids on a long walk because it was gorgeous out and will be 19* tomorrow because TEXAS.
And then I had lots of handfuls of goldfish while making a very healthy dinner because I have no self control around those things and why do I buy them. Ugh.
I'm going to be better about updating this blog. I am. And with pictures. And when I print these blogs out someday and my kids ask about the two year hiatus, I will just say, You. You happened. And you were worth all my free time. And you will never know what it was like, because when you have kids, daddy and I will be offering so much help, you will have to kick us out.
The little kids have just told us that they brushed their own teeth. Is this for real? :)


No comments:
Post a Comment