Monday, March 24, 2008

We done got married.

And it was well worth the wait.

Here we are on Day 10, and still cruising right along. Whoever said this marriage stuff was hard?


How it all went down....

Saturday: “Get to the church on time.” (I work best with simple instructions)

Sunday: An unexpected 4 hour lunchtime layover in LA, and Sarah realizing she forgot a bag, leaves us $120 less rich than when we arrived. Which wasn’t very rich to begin with.

Monday: I get teased about reapplying sunblock. I believe the words were, “You’re such a dork.”

Tuesday: Even Sarah’s eyelids are sunburned. I bite my tongue and apply lotion to her scorched skin. Surely this will be rewarded.

Wednesday: We stumble upon Karaoke night. 2 new fun friends and 4 Long Island Ice Teas later, and I’m up there singing Sweet Home Alabama and Friends in Low Places. Way better than Sarah’s version of Natural Woman.

Thursday: I lose the handstand contest.

Friday: Who thought a 7:30am international flight was a good idea?

Saturday: Like, only the best party, like, ever.

Sunday: Who left their cake in the bathroom? And why is red icing smeared on the carpet?

Monday: We realize the immediate need to snap back into reality. Sarah’s keys are nowhere to be found, health insurance paperwork is due, and why can’t the tollway accept pesos?!

Here are some pictures. If you have any from the party to share, we’d love to see them!


The wedding, March 15













The Honeymoon, Cabo San Lucas



How to save money on your honeymoon:
1. Bring your own snacks


2. Eat Ramen Noodles


3. And make your own drinks to sneak into the pool with inconspicuous water bottles.



The obligatory sand writing...

"Honey? Is this guy gonna steal our camera?"

Fun in the Sun

This smile......



...convinces me to spend an unnecessary amount of money on gum (I'm using that term loosely) that tastes more like dog food because the little girls selling it were so "cute."



Setting up for the reception- March 22


This is how 3 year olds wait for the Batman bounce house.

If you've seen my father-in-law and my grandfather-in-law work, you must understand the pressure I am now under.

These guys don't stop!


This cake was the bomb

Our 5-Star chef working his magic on the grill


We haven't developed the wedding cameras yet. You could be the next star on here!

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Ya'll look fabulous! Congratulations to all three of you!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! Congratulations!

By the way, on the picture of the cake, do you see a face on the cross in the picture of you two? Amazing!!

Nicole said...

Gorgeous pictures! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Sarah - You are a beautiful bride! SO happy for you guys!