With our premarital counseling done (and a big brag on the 100% score on the communications portion of our test), we are now fully equipped to handle every aspect of married life.
Wait.... why are all the married people laughing?
In all reality, it's been quite an interesting weekend. And although I'd like to forget several events of "Intense Communication" and/or illness, I will try to remember little tidbits of important information I have learned over the past several days:
1. Two weeks before a wedding is a busy time for brides
2. Two weeks before a wedding is a very busy time for full-time working, job changing, single mom, borderline-sick brides
3. Two weeks before a wedding is not a time to schedule fun last-minute plans without asking said bride
4. You don't have to understand to be understanding
5. Calling yourself the Master at Conflict Resolution could, in fact, initiate another conflict
6. A glass of wine and one-on-one listening works wonders...... add in a massage and I may also earn the more prestigious title of Master at Relationships
7. I am counting down the days until we can have better make-up sessions
Zachariah also taught me some important life lessons:
1. Going out to dinner after a child's bedtime could result in torturous, screaming, too-tired-to-reason-with hysteria on the way home
2. Being a parent sometimes means plans need to be cancelled and things get put on hold
3. Fancy little emergency care clinics for kids offer Dish TV in each room
4. Milk + feverish child could contribute to an exorcist-like episode of vomiting in my car.
5. The Pasta was easier to clean up than the gummy bears he threw up last time in my car. Although the gummy bears smelled better.
6. Not only are car seats hard to install, they are even harder to take apart and clean
7. I never knew I would have the desire to hug someone covered in vomit
8. Watching Sarah take care of her sick little boy makes me wish I was sick too....
Monday, March 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment