Saturday, July 11, 2009

All moved in!

And we love it!

It was a busy week for us...

Zac and I had so much fun together this week. He finished his swimming lessons - and was the only one in his class who was swimming all by himself! :) His teacher said he could move up to Level 1 with the 6-year-olds, but we are just too busy this summer with other things to commit to daily swimming lessons. We were SO proud of him, though! What a superstar!

We also got to do the regular weekday things.... had some fun playdates with friends, our weekly bible study, and storytime at the library. Each night when Brian got home, he and Zac would go down to the pool for an hour or so. Then Zac would come up and just crash into bed. So would Brian!

Brian's commute is great. It's actually pretty much the same time - maybe even a bit quicker, which has been a total blessing.

We are getting everything situated here at the apartment. Everything is unpacked and put away, but that's about it. I haven't found time to decorate yet. :)

Our garage is a disaster. Full of things we need to sell on craigslist. We are hoping to get most of it sold this week, so we can organize the garage next weekend.

We have met several of our neighbors. We have also met the Cares Team who is leaving. We went to one of their events (a dinner on Tuesday night) and met some of the residents. Sweet sweet people! Several of them are older residents, which we weren't expecting. We have another Cares event tomorrow - a bbq by the pool - where we can hopefully meet some more residents and learn more about our community. :)



The current Cares Team has a little boy who turned 5 this week, so we got to go to his birthday party today. It was Zac's first time to a gymnastics party, and he absolutely LOVED it. It's typical for him to "check in" with me often during something like this. He likes to make sure I'm still there and gets concerned if I'm not where he can see me. He waves to me all during his sports class, comes and says hi a lot, etc. At this party, I got the usual waves for about the first 5 minutes... then I don't think he looked my way again for the rest of the party!




We also stopped by our "old house" to hand over the keys this morning to our renters - 3 girlfriends from church. It was SO weird driving off as they moved their things in.

Brian might have had a harder time leaving than me. They had their hands full of boxes and I was trying to get him out of their way when he had to tell them something really important.

Don't put eggshells in the disposal.

Then he debated on turning around because he forgot to tell them something about the garage door. I dragged (drug?) him out of there. They had 17 people helping them move in, separated into "teams" to move each girl. They'll be fine.

And, we were also driving off with their rent checks, so that made it a lot easier.




We'll post some pictures of our new place soon. I really want to get the windows dressed. And I want to make a feather boa wreath. All in good time.

Until then... we have an appt for Miss Selah and Mommy on Monday morning. And a PLAYDATE!! Whoohoo! I need to get my bible study done and we need to plan our August Cares calendar before a meeting on Tuesday. I'd love to get some sewing done this week, too. :)



Life is good. We've looked at each other several times this week and just been like, This is so cool! We wish everyone could feel this amazing sense of His purpose that we feel right now. It's exhilarating. We feel extremely blessed, excited, happy, and EXACTLY where God wants us to be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait until you post pictures! And congrats again on being faithful and feeling the blessings already before you have begun your cares program!

Leigh