Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Part fish, Part boy

Swimming lessons were so fun this year! This is Zac on the last day.... swimming like a fish!

Photobucket

Photobucket



Heading up the ladder to go down the waterslide!

Photobucket



Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Photobucket




After lessons each day, the kids would head over to the kiddie pool and play for a while while the mommies got to visit. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



I'm glad we are done with the lessons, though. It was *really* hot outside, especially with my own little heating system named Selah Grace. One day, I was sweating so bad that my shirt was soaking wet. Another mom thought it was from hugging a wet little Zachariah... but nope. Just sweat. Ha!



Now, we are filling up the calendar with playdates. It's nice to have a little something every day. We have the sweetest friends, and both Zac and I enjoy these little dates so much. I am going to keep our afternoons pretty open. I learned last week that Zac's little body was very used to the "quiet time" he would have in the early afternoons at our old house, and pushing him while running errands or overscheduling led to some minor meltdowns.




My doctor appt went well yesterday. These appts are fast and furious. Nothing much to do except measure, weigh, and listen to the heartbeat. I'll go back again in 2 weeks. She is head-down now. I love to try and tickle her little feet. She is SUCH a mover. And I can see her feet kicking around at the top of my stomach. She isn't a big fan of me tickling them, but she seems to like it if I rub on them. Also - according to my weekly email, she is 3 pounds already and 15.5 inches long! Makes me feel better about having such a LARGE belly... ;)

I need to get going on her layette. And by layette, I mean coordinating bows/shirts/shoes for her to show off! :) Zac has another vacation bible school coming up, and for once - I'm not volunteering! I'm going to sit down with my glue gun and go to town on some accessorizing!




The apartment is coming together well. We've been unpacked since day one, but stuff was still laying around. I'm forbidden by the Hubster to hang any window treatments without him. He caught me standing up on a bar stool the other day and I thought he was going to pass out. So, those are taking longer b/c I have to wait until he's home. Thankfully, he is SO patient with me and my ever-changing mind about what I like/don't like, hanging and rehanging, etc etc. :)

Now, if only we could sell all our craigslist things so I can pull my car into the garage.




I'm slowly coming along in my photography. I have a small little list of camera accessories I'd like to get soon. I've been posting some of my recent photos on a photographer's forum for some critique. It was really hard at first, because real photographers are very brutal to new photographers! But, I have learned a LOT, and I really feel like I am getting a better hang of it. Our local camera store offers classes where I think I could learn a lot.

One of my weaknesses is lighting, but I think I've found a flash diffuser which will help that issue. We have learned that photography is quite an expensive little hobby! But I really am loving it. :) I got to photograph a friend's children the other day and LOVED it! She was so sweet to let me practice on them! :)

I still use the point-and-shoot for regular pictures and videos and at places I don't think is safe for my Nikon to go (like the pool!).




Today, Zachariah and I are just hanging out. It's our only "free" day for the next 3 weeks and I don't plan to change out of my jammies for at least a couple of hours.




And, finally, just because I think he is the most beautiful child in the UNIVERSE!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pitures! We're looking forward to having you all over on friday....and then VBS. I can't wait to run some errands without kids.

myfriar said...

Thank you so much for practicing on A&N! You did such a great job :) We've got our outfits all picked out for the family, so we're excited to let you practice some more!!! Can't wait!!!