I woke up in the middle of the night (NOT uncommon these days!) Saturday night to get a glass of water. In the dark, my swollen sausage fingers knocked over a glass that shattered in the cabinet and on to the counter.
Grrr!! :(
I waited until morning to clean it up. All those broken pieces into the trash. (although I'm fairly certain there's a shard that fell under the dishwasher) The glass was sharp and dangerous, and I wanted it out of my home. In the garbage. Where those fallen pieces wouldn't hurt me or my family.
And I thought about my own brokenness. And how God didn't throw me away several years ago.
In fact, He took great care to find every single piece, even though some were sharp. And some hurt Him. Yet, He worked on me, putting me back together so I could be used again.
I am so thankful and humbled. Because sometimes I felt like I deserved to be in the trash. Far away from God where I wouldn't hurt Him. But I am back in His cabinet. Along with many others that look like me.
And I see Zachariah's glass. Cracked.
Little glasses aren't supposed to be cracked.
They shouldn't feel the pain of being broken. But he has. And lately, some of his prayer requests have brought Brian and I to our knees.
And we want to put Zac's little precious glass in a locked cabinet where he will be safe. Where he will not fall. Where he will not hurt. Where we can control his circumstances.
We can't.
And it feels helpless. And we have to let him leave "our" cabinet and come back chipped and hurt.
And then he asks us "Why?"
But, we know the God who will take the time to find the fallen pieces and gently repair the damage.
I shared Zac's prayer requests (and my helplessness) with 2 sweet friends. I knew these girls would be on their knees for him.
And on that same day, Brian and I literally saw God's holy hands gently piecing Zac back together.
And we felt hope again.
And we know His children will suffer. And we need to let this sweet boy experience suffering. And, in return, experience an unexplainable grace. A hope that is learned from dependence. A trust that can be trusted. And a love that is unfailing.
We have so many joyful moments around here. We are so so blessed. But thanks for remembering Zac's special little life. And thanks for praying for him.
Monday, August 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Praying right now for sweet Zachariah! PLEASE let me know if there is anything specific I can pray for!
And thank YOU for taking the time to check on me...you are precious! We are praying for your family! Love & HUGS!
I will pray for your precious boy! So sad for him and I so understand the hurts that he is going through but God is able to help him find forgiveness and freedom! Love you!
Thanks for sharing...and will be praying!
oh this post is so beautiful! gosh, zac is so special and I pray God has a very special plan for his unique "cracks"
Post a Comment