Sorry for the delay... my computer was acting so silly last week.
Here are some updates on us!
Little Miss:
She's doing wonderful. It's hilarious to see her SO active. I love it for Brian, too, since he really gets to "interact" with her. He is so desperate to hold her! I signed my vbac consent form last week at my dr appt. So, hopefully that will work out. My dr ROCKS, so I feel extremely confident. :)
Little Man:
He went to another vacation bible school last week with some friends of ours and had a total blast. He didn't do very many crafts that week... apparently too busy socializing. But I begged him to at least make ONE. So, I now have one little paper bowl covered with green tissue paper (a turtle) to treasure. I wish he would have made the cute footprint craft I saw the other kids make, but he didn't want anyone to paint his feet. And if you've ever seen us attempt to trim his toenails, you'd know that was to be expected.
He is getting better and better at swimming. It's not a very pretty way to swim, but he gets from A to B. And Brian taught him how to do a cannon-ball, so he feels, like, super COOL right now.
Daddy:
He is loving the gym and pool at our property. He's on a major work-out kick and brings a salad to work each day. I'm very proud of him, although a bit nervous as his weight comes DOWN and mine goes UP. We are getting dangerously close....
He just got a couple more states added to his territory and was asked to do some training. Because he rocks. (I don't think his boss actually put it that way, but I know it's probably what he meant.)
He is also getting major kudos for putting up with my slightly increased emotional state lately. I don't know if *I* could have handled me last weekend. Just a bit hormonal perhaps... And a million emotions/fears/anxiety/etc. I hope to be back to normal some day.
On top of all that, Zac is going through a HUGE daddy-phase. EVERYTHING is about daddy. When is daddy getting home? I want daddy to kiss my ouchie. I want to ride with daddy. I miss daddy. Brian can barely take a breath when he gets home from work. He's got a 4-year-old attached to him until bedtime.
He is the most amazing husband and dad. We are incredibly BLESSED.
Mama:
I'm doing alright. Normal 3rd trimester stuff I guess. Somehow I've been lucky enough to have a bit of Restless Leg Syndrome at night. It's a crazy thing (and very annoying), but I googled it and apparently it's common and will go away after she is born. Also, my hands keep falling asleep at night (like all night long) - which I happened to google this morning and found it's also common. Go figure. With Zac, I just got really huge. With Selah, I have all sorts of fun little quirky things going on in addition to the huge-ness.
Last week, I struggled with dropping Zac off at VBS. He ran off right when we got there (no kiss goodbye!!), and I didn't know what to do with myself that first day. Thankfully Brian was traveling, so he talked to me while he drove. It was just weird. I so rarely drop ZZ off anywhere - I'm usually at least THERE volunteering or something.
But then I discovered how different it was to go places like Target without a child tagging along. Wow. It's probably a good thing he's normally with me. I ended up buying WAY too much because I had all this FREE time to look around!
And I was also able to hit a big consignment sale to get the kids' winter clothes/shoes. I was hoping to find some used Star Wars toys to give to ZZ for his birthday (those things are expensive!), but didn't find any. I also got to roam around Goodwill, which is SOOOO fun for me! I never get to do that! I found a ton of clothes for them, at only 95-cents each. Anyways, Zac and Selah Grace are now fully stocked up with coats, jeans, sweaters, etc. Good thing, because not only had Zac outgrown everything from last year - but I sold it all at the consignment sale, so his closet was pretty bare!
Oh! And I got a cute diaper bag that looks just like a Petunia Picklebottom - for only $7.50! :)
Cares
We had our first event last night. It was a baked-potato-bar at the clubhouse. I got to learn how to make 50 potatoes using a 500-degree oven and our cooler. (and it worked!) We had the usuals come to the dinner, but the turnout wasn't as great as we hoped. We had forgotten to put out the signs until about an hour before the dinner (supposed to be put out the day BEFORE), so that might have had something to do with it.
Now we have a million potatoes leftover to eat. (have I mentioned that our apartment now smells like one giant oven roasted potato?) I asked Brian to pass them out at work, but he thought that might be weird to wheel his cooler around and put baked potatoes on his coworkers' desks.
Anyways, we've had a good response to our next event - a minor-league baseball game this Friday night. After that, we have 3 other events scheduled for this month: a pool bbq, a clubhouse breakfast, and a movie night.
Today, ZZ and I are chilling out. We've had playdates (or vbs) every day for about 2 weeks. And after today, we will have them again every day until school starts.
But TODAY, we are actually going to the dentist to get a cavity filled. Isn't that sad? Zac doesn't know and his dentist said we don't have to tell him. He'll be pretty out of it during the procedure. But I am SO SAD for him!! His first cavity! :( :( Unfortunately, I don't think he's going to have the best teeth. There are 7 other teeth she is watching. :( Bless his sweet little heart. Brian is joining us for the appt. During this "daddy-phase" we think Zac would rather see him than anyone else.
When we had his dentist appt 2 weeks ago, he was very scared that she would make his teeth silver (who told him that?!), and I assured him that wouldn't happen. :(
This afternoon, after his mouth returns to normal and the medicine wears off, we are headed to the library to see if ZZ was one of the reading contest winners. We read 100 books! Actually, he read about 15 of those on his own. He is reading very well. In fact, TOO well. I missed a word last night and got corrected. (this was a brand new library book, not one he had ever read before) Gone are the days of cheating my way through a book to make it done faster....
Hope everyone has a blessed week!
**UPDATE**
Just got back from the dentist. She "painted a Star Wars star onto a special tooth." He was absolutely amazing - he never made any kind of fuss and stayed super still the whole time, and he was so excited to get his special star. Even more exciting that no one can see it... he's the only one who knows where it is. The girls in the office told us that he was one of their best little patients. We were so proud of him.
On the way out the door, he tells us:
I'm really a big boy now. I have hair on my legs AND a star on my tooth.
Classic.
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good to hear everyone is well, and I think ZZ has the coolest dentist ever!
Post a Comment