... until the appointment.
Thursday at 9am.
We've had a rough couple of days as all of our emotions from 2 months ago are flooding back.
It's like we just kind of forgot about it for a while. But now, I'm a mess one minute. Then Brian is a mess. Sometimes we are both a mess. We just want it to be over with already!
We had a really fun thing happen this weekend, though. Friday night we had a party to go to, with no kids. We didn't know what to do with ourselves. :) I had a new outfit on - and it wasn't maternity -- ha! Then, at the party, we won a raffle for Dallas Stars tickets - Row ZERO! We're very excited!
On Saturday, I had a photo session and then we had another party to go to. We brought SG and she slept in her carrier the whole time.
This one was fun until the end. We were about to head home and someone asked us, "Oh, does your daughter still have that thing? You know, that thing?"
And I looked at Brian... and he politely asks, "What thing?"
And she says, "You know, that thing that was wrong with her?"
It was horrible. Typing it out doesn't come close to describing how awful it was.
So, there was a pause, and I softly said, "Well, she's going to have that her whole life."
:(
We were very hurt.
This is the second time we have been really really really hurt. I'll never forget the time there were several people who met newborn SG for the very first time and immediately asked to see her rash. No "cute baby" comments. Just people peering into her infant carrier like she was a freak show while my eyes filled with tears. That image is burned into my memory. I sobbed the whole way home.
We don't expect people to say the perfect thing all the time. In fact there is no perfect thing to say! We don't mind thoughtful questions of friends and family who truly care about our baby girl. But it's hard to get comments/questions from people who are just nosy and you know they don't care.
Although maybe it's why I love to make her big bows. Gives people something else to talk about.
Sorry... I went off on a bit of a tangent.
Please continue to pray for us regarding Thursday. The doctor is a bit hard around the edges, and doesn't necessarily break things very gently. But, she's a good doctor and that's what we want. We are very sensitive this week and nervous and all those mad feelings come back and the unfair feelings and the frustration and all that.
We might not want to talk about it afterwards. I don't know. But I'll for sure post on the blog when we're ready.
Anyways. *SIGH*
More fun things tomorrow. A big picture post is coming! With SANTA PICTURES!! And Texas Tech game pictures!! And SNOW pictures!! And a photo shoot with my babies that went terribly wrong...heehee! :)
Right now, I have one child in my lap (yes, just typed all that one handed) and one who is "starving" and "bored" and driving me bonkers because he cannot STAND the fact that there are presents under the tree and he can't open them. ("How would you feel if you were me, Mom?!)
We might head to the mall until bedtime.
And if that's the case, I don't know how I'm going to NOT buy the gold ballet slippers for Selah Grace that Brian keeps saying no to. Don't even get me started on the red uggs that would be ADORABLE on her! Anyone want to donate to the Selah Grace shoe fund? :)
Monday, December 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I will pray for you and will light a candle for her tomorrow at church.
I am here if you need me..Houston has special needs so I can give you some insight on how things are later :)
We have done the whole geneticist thing I can answer questions you may have.
It wasn't fun but wasn't as bad as I had feared because I had built it up to be such a scary bad thing.
Big hugs....!
Jade
my email is mom2houstonchance@gmail.com
We're all praying for you guys!
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13
And, by the way, I set out the first of Ethan's Christmas presents and it was UN-FUN...lots of "Aw, it's such a long time until I can open them! Please can you tell me what's in there!"
Oh Sarah, that's just horrible. I am so sorry... People just don't get it. Hang in there.
Sweet friend! Know that you'll be in my prayers this week. I know it's so difficult and I wish you didn't have to go through this at all. :) Love you!
Hey Sarah:) I know that in my difficult times in life people have always managed to say things that they intend to be helpful but just come across as crass or careless, thoughtless, and/or just "wrong" and so I hesitated to post anything but just wanted to tell you that I am in constant prayer over this for you, Brian, ZZ and Selah - that type of prayer that is with you throughout the day all day. You are such an inspiration - your love of the Lord and family is tremendous. I know that you are all surrounded by angels and in the palm of His hand. Please keep me updated - miss our car talks - still make the frame around someone's head at school and tell them "this is car talk" and reference back to our countless private conversations about life on the daily commute! Take care sista!!!!!
Leigh
Post a Comment