Then, my thyroid went out of control and I started gaining weight. I slept all the time, had less energy, and just a tad bit less patience. (that thyroid can really make you nuts)
But, the fact that I couldn't physically keep up anymore and the whole patience issue made for some interesting moments in the middle of the street. He would go too fast, and I couldn't handle being such a bad runner, and he would say he wasn't able to actually run any slower, and I would be embarrassed/angry/tired/hormonal. It was bad and the language was bad and those scenes probably made for some good drama for the neighborhood.
And I'm pretty sure there was one final morning where I was standing in the middle of the street sobbing and screaming for Mr Speedy Pants to just go on without me. "Just GO!"
Brian was emotionally traumatized.
It may or may not have been one of my lowest points.
Thus ended our workouts together.
On a happy note, I eventually got the thyroid medication regulated and once again became the person Brian married. But we really haven't worked out together since.
But now I'm not pregnant. My thyroid is regulated. And I really can't think of any other excuse to put off working out. "I just had a baby" is losing it's credibility as my excuse for being in maternity clothes. They are officially packed away, and all that remains in my closet are teeny tiny shirts (did I EVER fit those?!) and pants that mock me.
And I love the leggings look... but my thighs never did look good in leggings. Even in 1989. It's a Lane family curse.
So I decided to do the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. It's a 20-minute workout that you are supposed to do for 30 days straight. I mean, you can't argue with 30 minutes in the privacy of your own home. Even if your 5yo is more critical than any trainer could be. ("Mom, I can see your belly jiggling! haha, that's funny!!")
For obvious reasons (see above), I could not do this with Brian. And after setting out to find an accountability partner, I ended up forming a group of girls to do this 30 days together. And what started out as an accountability partner, to whom I could flake out on, if needed, became a group of thirty girls. THIRTY. To whom I cannot flake out on. Talk about real accountability!
I call them "my girls" now, which gets a rip-roaring laugh out of Brian. I think he's laughing because I have a history of starting things and not finishing them. To which I say - at least I try. That should be worth something.
And Brian just doesn't want to admit he wants in. But let the jury know that on more than one morning this week, I have heard Jillian from the family room. Oh yes. Thankfully for him, I'm usually busy nursing and can't come out to scream at him for going too fast and being better than me.
Hoping there will be a big difference in 30 days. I have already lost some weight and I'm only on day 3!! :)
Furthermore, in my quest to
Here are some before/afters with the skinny cami. To preface these horrific photos, I will ask you to remember that my baby is only 3 months old and to show a little grace. Because my REAL after photos will be when we go to Cabo in April. I hope to just hang out in my bathing suit without a t-shirt to hide under. Unless I can convert the skinny cami into a bathing suit. Hmmmmm....

Anyways, just keeping it real... (And also trying to motivate you to buy one, because did I mention I get one free???) I will be honest, I was expecting to be a size 2 again when I wore it, but it's not a miracle shirt. Just one that hides the rolls, keeps everything from jiggling around, and helps me fit into some smaller shirts and jeans. I pretty much wear this every day now. There is also a big difference in the side view... could have taken that picture, but I'm lazy. And frankly, this tank top does take some time to get INTO, and I don't feel like going to put it on right now since we are vegging out at home, and no one around here cares if I hang out in my comfy pajama pants.
But if you have any questions about it, email me! I love it and love how my clothes look. So go check it out! The girl is really nice, and she made it into a NURSING tank top for me. Love her! :)
Hopefully after The Shred, I won't even need it anymore. :)
3 comments:
You go, girl! I'm proud of you!! AND, fwiw, I think you look AMAZING--one of the most beautiful women I know!!
I may have to invest in on of those beauties. After having Houston my stomach muscles tore and I have some skin that will not tighten for anything at some point I am going to have to have it fixed but for now I need so way to hide it :)
Thanks for the link. If I order one I will make sure to tell them that you referred me :)
Okay, first I have to tell you that a few days back I read something you posted on FB about a 30-day shred. Boy was I WAAAAY off. I seriously thought it was about decluttering the house in 30 days. So...yes, I'm constantly made aware of my uncoolness. :sigh: Anyway, it sounds great and that cami is simply amazing! I may have to check it out when our new budget month rolls around. And if I do, I'll definitely say you sent me. :GRIN: How wonderful to have THIRTY accountability partners. (I'll admit, though, that I was laughing at the 'he wasn't able to actually run any slower' part. LOL!)
Have a wonderful new year, my friend. I sincerely hope to grow closer to you in cyber-friendship than I ever did in real life. I'm so sad I wasted those months of being just one hallway down from you. We live and we learn.
*HUGS*
~2Shaye (AKA Touché)
Post a Comment