We had won a pair of Dallas Stars (hockey) tickets and they were ROW O!!! We were so excited. Not that we are big Stars fans, but it just sounded cool.
I called a babysitter, sweet Ashleigh (thank you Hollie for sharing her!!), and made sure I had enough milk stored for Selah Grace. I scribbled some notes about the kids and squeezed into the cute top Brian got me for Christmas (size small... he has such rose-colored glasses). We even had a *back-up* babysitter just in case Ashleigh didn't want to drive in the snow.
We were SO ready...but then we got in the car. And... well, like, what do you talk about when you aren't being interrupted every 5 seconds with Mom, I'm hungry and when are we gonna get there? and where is Selah's paci? etc etc etc.
At first, we were all... "So.... how was your day?" Lame!
But pretty soon we got all goofyflirty again, and even though we took the minivan, we pretended like we didn't. (wouldn't it be fun to have a datenight sports car?)

So what you don't see...
is that when we get there, we start heading straight down to the very very very bottom row.
Where the cool people are. Where you can feel the cool of the ice. Where you can bang on the plexiglass and yell at the players.
ROW O. Here we come.
And then we got to the very bottom. And we were all... wait a minute. This bottom row says, "A." Turns out the rows are not NUMBERED. They are LETTERED. And our Row Zero tickets were actually Row "Oh."
Oh.
But we decided to have fun in Row Oh. And it ended up being a super fun game that we won! And we got home in time to only pay our babysitter $40.
And we decided to do this whole Date Night thing again soon. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On NYE, Zachariah (who was very hurt that A:we went out without him and B:we went to a hockey game without him) and Brian teamed up to suggest another date night - but this time it was going to be a FAMILY Date Night.
And Brian got to enjoy a true Zachariah outfit. Every once in a while, Zachariah will want to look "handsome." And he always picks out this one pair of dress pants because they look like a pair that Brian wears to work.
But ZZ surprised us both when he wanted to wear a tie. He had chosen the outfit (he claimed the shirt and pants both had "green") and the burgundy/navy tie kind of pulled the whole mismatched look together. We thought he look adorable and he was soooo proud.
What you don't see...is that I am almost in pajamas and Brian's not much better. Selah Grace is actually IN pajamas. He clearly outdressed us all!
Another quick note about this picture.... see sweet Selah Grace sleeping in the background? This girl - as dramatic as she CAN be - is such a sweet blessing at restaurants and movie theaters. SO easy to cart her around!! And see her little cow? Mimi and Daddymac got that for her and she sleeps with it every night. It's her little lovie. :) Thanks Mimi and Daddymac!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And this last pic is my new hair. I got some bangs cut and about 8 inches off the bottom. I actually got it cut at a gym where I was able to drop ZZ off to play. I was hoping he'd have fun while I got my scalp massaged.
is that after picking him up, he says...
Mom? I need to tell you something that happened at the gym.
(pause and a really sad voice)
Someone called me a baby.
I was soooo sad for him. He is so protected in his friendships. Most are my friends' kids and they are all just really good kids. No bullies, no meanies.... I mean, it's rare for Zac to even argue with somebody. (minus with Brian and me... ha!) And I am glad he's in that bubble, since he's only 5 and will have plenty of time to deal with mean people. But every once in a while (usually at the gym) he'll encounter a mean kid and we deal with it.
So anyways, apparently he walked away from the kid. And then he thought of a good comeback and went to find the kid to tell him....
You're going to be sorry when Christmas comes.

1 comment:
What a cute post, Sarah!! Your kids are precious!!
Sally
Post a Comment