Saturday, January 16, 2010

Has it been that long?

10 years ago, I was right in the middle of my 1st year of teaching. Oh my, I'm hoping those (now college FRESHMEN!) learned something that year. lol

The most wonderful thing about that year was the friendships I made. Leigh and I carpooled every day and the memories are a treasure. It was a 30 mile commute (both ways!), so we had pretty much solved the world's problems by year 3. And that girl could keep me LAUGHING.

Melissa and Cori were two other teachers I met that year, and I don't know if I could have gotten through that year without them! We were all right out of college - but they had it SO together. I was clueless!! Ha! Two years later, we had switched schools and met Nicole - and I knew from the moment I met her what an awesome friend she would be. (seriously - I had that exact thought!)

Leigh has moved WAY too far away in my opinion!! But has been a huge support for me over the past years - just knowing that she was praying for me.

And Cori, Melissa, Nicole, and I have all lived right here in the metroplex - but with marriages, and 8 kids between us, and just LIFE in general - we rarely get to see each other. It's like a once a year event that I really look forward to!

Starting in November, we started throwing out some dates to try and plan a dinner out. After some cancellations and reschedulings and holidays, we FINALLY got to see each other last night. SO FUN!!

And just like a great friendship should be, we just jumped right in and didn't stop talking for hours. These are girls I can count on for prayer, for wisdom, for support, for comfort, for advice, for ANYthing! We can cry one second and laugh the next. It was awesome to get to share all about Selah Grace and know that He was a listener - and probably participator! - in our conversation.

Leigh - WHEN you move back down here - we are absolutely going to do the same thing!! :)



Girls - you've seen me through a crazy 10 years. Your examples, your words, your hearts meant more to me that you EVER knew. Some days, your smiles ... it was all I had. The Lord truly blessed me with you!! I love you guys so much!!!

Can't wait for 10 more years with you!!! (will we be in menopause yet? LOL!!)

Photobucket
(by the way, next time let's take a picture! duh!!)

2 comments:

Fabulous Terrah said...

'The One Who Doesn't Like Iced Tea' haha! The picture is very cute. :)

Nicole said...

That was so much fun! Let's PLEASE not wait so long next time!