We went to church on Saturday night this weekend, hoping for some relief for Selah Grace - who doesn't do so well on Sunday mornings. We typically get called out. So last night, we were delighted to enjoy the service without our beeper going off.
We got to the nursery, and she looked right at us and burst into tears. If it wasn't so cute, it would have been sad!
She's a fabulous cryer, though. She can really really sound like she means it with deep inhales, and even tears. It's quite a talent and probably alarms strangers. I am actually very aware that her cry can alarm strangers, and small dogs, because I take her on walks, and if I forget a snack, we don't make it home without her alarming everyone within hearing distance that she would prefer to go ahead and turn around.
Well anyways, her teachers said they had been trying to page us, but our beeper wasn't working. Poor Selah Grace!! Bless her little heart. I wish she liked church. I also wished she liked long walks, mommy talking on the phone, and making her own food. We can all dream.
Regardless, we do feel led to the Saturday night service, and will miss our Sunday School friends so much! But it is just a better time for our family right now.
It also gives us all day Sunday to relax as a family. We have a Pool BBQ we are hosting this afternoon, and we feel refreshed and energized rather than rushed. :)
Yesterday, we got Zac a new snorkel mask (his had been leaking) and it came with flippers. He is going to be THRILLED! (dallas peeps - they are at Aldi for $6.99!) We also found some Zany Bandz or Silly Bandz or whatever they are called on the way home from church last night at Walgreens. I have ordered some online, but they haven't come in yet.
Anyways, tonight we are going to have a scavenger hunt for Zachariah to get his surprises. I love making scavenger hunts and frequently tormented my family growing up with them. Now I have my own family to torment with them!! Yay!!! I already wrote out the rhyming clues and it's going to be super fun. Except for the one that was supposed to rhyme with couch. I just didn't bother.
I also have lots of pics and videos to share, but no time.
Selah Grace has become quite a little monkey and likes to climb over/under/through obstacles rather than around them.
Plus I put her hair in pigtails, which is ADORABLE. And even though we had our first mother-daughter tiff while doing her hair - to which I tell her Girlfriend, check with your Aunt Katy on this. I will win. - we compromised and I got the pigtails in, but she won with NO ribbons. How are we going to end up on Toddlers and Tiaras if she won't let me do these things?
Brian ended up being very happy that she does not have enough hair to make this a regular thing.
And Zachariah is SO tan now. We swim every day after vacation bible school. We are loving this whole pool-in-the-backyard thing!! I can't imagine not having it now. I am going to have pool withdrawals when/if we ever leave here. Zac and I have lots of fun and silly games that we play in the pool. Selah Grace doesn't hate it. And it feels AWESOME in this heat.
Speaking of Vacation Bible School. I had this awesome plan to enroll Zac in several vbs programs. Because:
5-year-old-boy
+ stuck in an apartment all day
_______________________
= TORTURE
He loves being with other kids. It keeps him busy from 9-12 every day. I signed him up to be with friends at each one. He's learning about Jesus. It's the perfect time b/c they are right during SG's naps and I can work out in peace. And it was going to aleviate me from hearing "I'm bored" and "I'm hungry" all day.
Oh, and they are cheap and/or FREE!
But, it hasn't gone all that well. By Thursday of last week, he was done and didn't want to go anymore. Oh no!! I'm hoping this next week will go better. It's at our church and he will know several people in his class.
I also made a dorky meal schedule for our summer. Some days I feel like I'm constantly in the kitchen making something for someone or cleaning up after someone. And answering "What's for breakfast?" and "What's for lunch?" and "What can I have for a snack?" So Zac and I actually made a menu together of what was for breakfast/lunch each day. It's also helpful because now I know what to buy at the store for the next week.
Although I might change French Toast Friday. Because I worked really hard on those and didn't get enough recognition.
Mommy needs a pat on the back sometimes people. Or you're looking at defrosted pancakes.
As far as Brian and I - we are great! We got a date night last weekend, which was AWESOME. He was gone most of the week this week, but he actually slept in our bed each night, so that was nice! Right now, he is the proud owner of brand new blue-tooth. And he has promised not to leave it in his pocket and send it through the wash. Not that he has done that before or anything.
We are looking forward to a week of playdates, vbs, and a family trip to the waterpark! Woohoo! This time I can actually go down waterslides without people looking at me like I'm crazy. You know, since I'm not pregnant this time and all.
We feel very blessed and happy and tan and relaxed and rested and drama-free. Summer has been good to us so far!!
Sunday, June 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love reading your blog, Sarah! You always make me laugh.
Post a Comment