Sadly, it took having people over this weekend to finally get our Christmas tree down. There go my plans for a Valentine's Day tree. Don't tell me you never considered it.
There is excitement around here folks. We got some engagement pictures on Saturday. We also started our premarital counseling classes. We have met some great people there and the class is very fun and informative. We have our own coach couple, who we will be meeting soon.
Sarah has been putting a lot of effort into how she is going to change up my bachelor pad. I have a feeling I'm going to be losing some closet space real soon. And I see lots of painting in my future.
Zachariah's new "Camo" room is coming along. He has a TV in there. That either makes us really cool parents or not so much - depending on how old you are. Regardless, it was a space issue, and he gets to benefit.
Not only are the invitations almost ready, but Sarah got her dress. She is thrilled even though she "totally can't tell me what it looks like."
My old living/dining room is now starting to look like a little preschool. Minus the big beautiful sectional sofa that will need to find a new home. (We'll be sure to post pics here in case anyone is interested. Maybe someone we know will buy it, so we can still visit it.)
I hung out with Zachariah while Sarah went dress shopping the other day. I must be a pretty cool guy. So cool, in fact, that he chose to continue our air hockey game rather than inform me that he had to go to the bathroom. In the middle of Cici's pizza.
While riding home naked in his car seat, we decided that going potty is way more important than air hockey. Life lessons, folks.
To salvage what the poor kid has left of his reputation, I'll fill you in on a couple of ZZ stories. If you've never met him, he can be a pretty funny little kid. And if you know him really well, then he has probably threatened you with a "big bag of tickles, boy. Mmmhmmm."
Anyway... here are our latest favorite ZZ stories:
1. He has started asking a lot of "why?" questions. We were driving on Saturday and Sarah turned the tables on him, asking him a "why?" question right back.
His answer? "Because that's how I roll."
2. While getting his hair cut 2 weeks ago, the hair dresser asks him, "How are you doing down there sweetie?"
His answer? "I'm just doin my thing."
3. And finally... at church on Sunday, he saw a little girl that he knew. After she left, we teased him about having a lot of friends that are girls.
His answer? "That's what I'm talking about."
Monday, January 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sarah, I am so excited for you guys. You make the cutest couple. I can't wait to read about all the wedding news via your blog. Thanks for sharing with us. The engagement story is a keeper and I know the Lord will truly bless your marriage! Love, Julie & Jason Cobb
Post a Comment