Now, I love every kind of playdate, even the simple park ones, or just going to someone else's house. Zac has so much fun with his friends and I have so much fun with mine! (although Zac's favorite would probably be at Anna Kate's house because she has a cat named Houston and he is really going through a cat phase right now)
BUT - today was another super fun themed play date: the Crafty Mom Play Date!
And guess what I learned to do?
Knit!
On the way there, we stopped at Joanns, where I usually just drool at fabric. But this time, we headed straight for the yarn section (with a brief stop during which ZZ tried to convince me to cross-stitch a CAT for him. umm......No.)
I didn't know what to buy, so I got a beginners kit with a DVD that came with it. I decided on a scarf. Seems like a good choice for a first-timer.
Well, anyways - I learned how to "cast" and how to do one other stitch (can't remember the name....).
And it might not look like much to YOU....
but I put a LOT of work into this!!
And soon, it will look like that scarf in the picture.Whoever gets this beauty at Christmas will surely be impressed.
Since that's how long ZZ told me it would take to finish it.
No comments:
Post a Comment