This is our last free Monday-after-spring-break!
Starting next year, we will be complaining like the rest of the world about getting back to "real life." Instead - our "real life" today is super fun, relaxing, and -as Michelle says - Extraordinarily Ordinary!!
Brian and I were snuggling together yesterday as Selah Grace napped and Zachariah played Lego Star Wars - just marveling at the beautiful ordinary life we have. Yes, we have our share of junk, but honestly - we have such good life and are blessed beyond measure. God is good all the time and all the time God is good.
This morning, after waking up at the crack of dawn (actually way before that) to pass out breakfast burritos, Brian headed off to work and Zachariah and I got to cozy up on the couch and watch America's Funniest Home Videos (or America's Home Funniest Videos as ZZ calls it - and I think it's too cute to correct). Selah Grace rolled all around us with her my iPhone cover, some credit cards, and a medicine dropper (who needs baby toys?).
Then I rearranged the family room, which should be no surprise for Brian when he gets home because I do this every couple months or so. And right now, SG sleeps while ZZ plays legos and listens to his iPod with headphones - which means I am listening to him sing along very very loudly with his church choir songs. (note to self: videotape this.... very funny)
I put away Selah's floor gym, her swing, and her bouncy seat. Yesterday, Selah Grace turned 6 months old! She can just barely sit on her own before she face-plants on the floor. Nowhere near close to crawling. But she did sit in a high-chair at On The Border last night! (not for long... she started some drama soon after)
And soon, we are off to the gym and a playdate. All too quickly, it will be dinner-making-time and Daddy comes home!!! Tonight, we will go for a family run and visit some new residents. And then I have a Mom's Night Out where we are going to make photo necklaces. SO excited about that!
Such a peaceful ordinary day - and with gorgeous weather. Snow yesterday and sunshiny goodness today. :)
Oh - and if you get a chance - check out new pics on my photo blog! Of course, I'm biased because of the precious little models who are so close to my heart. SO CUTE! :)
http://www.joyfulmoments-photography.blogspot.com/
I learn more and more with each session. And after one session is over, I anxiously wait for the next to practice more of what I've learned. I am so excited that I am booked every weekend from now through the end of May. :) It's such a super fun way to spend time doing something I love. :)
Have a blessed start to your week!
Monday, March 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Did I just get a shout-out on the world-famous JM blog?? HOLLA!
Off to check out the photo blog. I am having way to much fun with my camera as well.
Post a Comment