Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Tough

We've been better around here, that's for sure.

Last week SG had her VCUG which showed grade 3 kidney reflux. She's on bactrum twice a day for the next six months and we go back to Children's for more testing. She used to love medicine and now she HATES it. 3/4 of a teaspoon is a LOT of liquid to get a 5 month old to swallow. (any tips are appreciated!) Plus, we had just put away her medical file and now it's back on our desk. This little princess is beautiful, but expensive!

Zac's on amoxicillin twice a day, too. And he hates his medicine. So, it makes morning and evening medicine time a real blast around here.

At church, we have a new baby girl who was born with health issues. This brought back a lot of emotions for Brian and I. They brought her to sunday school this week. I started crying when I talked to the mom. It was hard. Memories of SG's first months came flooding back.

We are in the middle of a situation involving the sudden passing of a child. Way too early. SIDS or RSV... we don't know yet. It's one of the most horrible things ever. The baby is Selah Grace's age. It happened at naptime. It leaves me clinging to my faith once again - knowing that He brings hope. And sometimes that's the only distant light you can see. But my heart is aching. (and I really don't want to talk any more about it but thanks for any prayers)



My little sister came for a visit and it was so nice to have company during the day. I just miss her so so much. So much.



Selah Grace is so great at the doctor. During the sonogram, Brian and I sang to her and she was so stinkin cute... just cooing and smiling. The vcug test had her strapped to a board, hands above her head, bound from top to bottom. The board moved around so the x-ray machine could get lots of pics. She also had a catheter in and they were filling her bladder to capacity during the test. She held on to our fingers and I sang her bedtime lullaby - and the girl fell asleep. During the test. It was peaceful and calm for the doctors to get all the info they needed and tell us all about the results. She was their best patient! BLESSING.



Trying to end this on a light note (because I'm kind of down).

Some funny pictures to share. Back in Dec/Jan, I had my own issues with a kidney infection. I'm already allergic to amoxicillin and penicillin, so I got macrobid. Well, apparently I'm allergic to that too. Hives EVERYwhere. This is me AFTER the shot in my bum. And yes, I am trying not to laugh. It was funny. And itchy.

Photobucket

Although I had great Angelina Jolie lips, eh?

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok - so I am praying and not going to talk to you about it - and YES - ending the blog post on the funny brought all of us blog readers back around - please pray for Tito while he is gone on the mission trip - they are doing such great work but it is hard not being able to be in touch - finally - I MUST know - I keep meaning to ask - where did you get the clip art with ZZ and Selah's name on it that you have on your front page - I was trying to click on it to see if it came from a webpage where you can enter names into - but no luck - so now you need to reveal your secret! I love it:)

Blessings and continued prayers for all of you:)

Leigh:)

Leslie said...

Thinking of you guys... I though all night about the sweet baby lost to SIDS/RSV, God bless that family. Even with what I've been through I can't imagine. Or I should say I can imagine and it hurts me to the core to think about it. Hang in there, you will get through this rough patch!