Last night I finally had a meltdown.
This past week was the icing on the cake.
I've been so stressed lately. There is so much to do, and I keep feeling behind. Behind in Cares, photography, laundry, my time with my family. I haven't actually *made* dinner in weeks. Weeks. I leave the house in a total rush each morning and come home to chaos. Add onto that - stress about renters, SG napping, Zac's counseling, coordinating the class gifts for both of Zac's preschools, photo clients waiting for their pics, cost of computer, cost of dental... I've been wanting to get together with several different families and our schedule is too crammed. :(
We always have Cares stuff to keep us busy - between planning events, having events, visiting residents every single weekend, making dinners for people, visiting people in the hospital, coordinating weekly soccer games with the kiddos, as well as weekly accountability for it all. It's a LOT!
I broke down last night. Rare for me, as I can hold things in for an awfully long time. ;)
I am sooooo burned out.
And so we are simplifying.
Solution:
No summer committments (swimming lessons, gymnastics, etc)
No summer photography sessions
No gym membership
No more kids for us (we had been tossing around the idea of having a 3rd baby)
Less computer
Less television
More morning quiet time
More last-minute play dates
More spontaneous fun
More energy to invest into our residents
I think I have just enough to get me through the next couple weeks until summer officially starts.
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh Sarah! All moms have been there. So sorry it had to come to a breakdown, but maybe that's God's way of forcing you to "quiet" your life. When things are too "loud" and too busy, we cannot hear His voice. If you want to come swim with us this summer, give me a call, we'd love to see you. Until then, get some rest!
Oh dear. I got stressed out just reading that post. No wonder you got burned out. Wishing you a wonderful, stress-free summer and thanks for coordinating a lovely gift for Mrs. Raikes!
Not to say I am glad you had a meltdown, but you are one mom who always had me wondering how you did it all! It is so easy to compare and think that someone else is holidng it all together much better than you. I totally get the need to simplify, and it is a struggle for sure. I'll be thinking of you for the next couple of weeks! Hope it goes by fast and slows down soon.
Good for you girl! Take a break, relax & enjoy the family this summer! Sounds good to me too! :)
http://arringtontwins.blogspot.com
Post a Comment