Saturday, May 8, 2010

Trying to crawl!!

You can do it Selah Grace!! :)

She's up on all fours... but keeps moving backwards instead of forwards. A tad bit frustrating for her.... but she'll get it soon enough! The three of us cheer for her like maniacs whenever she tries. It's too funny.


My root canal is half done. 2 appts down, 2 to go. Then the school goes on break for June, and I'll go back in July for a permanent crown. My last appointment didn't go so hot, unless bursting into tears in the dentist chair counts as a success. Hoping my next appointment (Monday) is better. In the meantime, I am taking my c-section pain pills to get me through the day today.

By the way, I am a flosser and I feel like this is totally unfair.


In other news, I got my sewing software to work and would like to thank the random people who put great advice out there online. I google for answers to things all the time, but just thought this week about the people who take the time to actually write the answers. How do they find the time to do that? They must not have kids.


And for fun, a little Selah Grace update:

She weighs 13.14 right now - waiting for the big 14lbs!! She is 7.5 months old. She still wears her 3-6 month clothing. She "talks" a lot with all sorts of consonants and noises. Lots to say. She inhales cheerios and sweet potatoes. She is not too sure about avocados, but as long as they are on sale, will continue to see them on her tray. She'd rather feed herself and doesn't like to be spoon fed. She had great hand-eye coordination and stays very clean while eating. She loves her brother's sippy cups. She hasn't eaten any legos. Yet. She also loves the sounds of the sewing machine, hair dryer, and vacuum. She hardly has any hair on top, but some very fine hair is growing out around her neck. Mommy wants her ears pierced and Dad is debating on it. She sleeps from about 6:30/7 all the way until 7am. When she wakes up, she plays in her crib happily until we go get her. (I never believed babies actually did that!) Zachariah loves to be the one to get her from her crib, and she loves to see him. She cries when we put her in the car if Zachariah is not next to her. She is ticklish under her arms and her neck. Her laugh is so yummy!! But when she sees a camera, nothing can break her poker face. She loves runs/walks in the stroller and picnics in the park. When we hold her, she never snuggles - she is always turned frontways and watching everything around her. When we lay her in her crib, she never fusses - she curls her knees under her, hold her paci into her mouth, and falls asleep. For hours! Her eyes are still the same gray color, and I had a moment when I realized my dad's are that color. (Daddy! Maybe she has YOUR eyes!) Or maybe they will change to brown someday. Who knows. She had some dry skin on her feet the other day, which gave me a panicked feeling for a split second. Brian had to take my shoulders and remind me that the tests were negative. She's fine. It's so hard to believe after all we went through with her. It's still surreal, and I still struggle with wrapping my mind around it. I'd love to have time to sort through those feelings. Maybe this summer. :)

As I type this, she is playing on the floor. She just found a paci and is happily playing with her ocean-aquarium toy, Zachariah's sunglasses, and an easter egg. And probably some of my hair, which is always on the carpet.


For more fun, here's a Zachariah update:

Zachariah is 52 pounds now and a ball of energy. He is 5.5 years old. He loves playing with legos and making ships. He draws tanks every single preschool class. So many, that I am making a little book. Sometimes the tanks shoot sausages, sometimes they shoot ketchup. They always have curtains in the windows. And that makes me save each drawing. His teachers adore him, and so do his classmates. He is kind to everyone and he is always out for a good time. I sometimes watch him in class or on the playground, and he is someone I'd like to hang out with, too! He is very honest. He tries to be humble, but that's hard at 5 years old. (haha) He loves to ride his bike and we are waiting for his first big bike accident.... with his confidence, it's coming sooner than later! He did so well in soccer and makes lots of goals during each game. He is blessed with great coordination. I've backed way off on any "teaching" this spring. We have continued to read our A-Z Mystery series, and are on the "L" book already. He reads sentences such as, "The characteristics of each species is different." with the ease of a 4th grader. We love to hear him read, although his preference is to be read to by one of us, while the other is giving him a massage. It's true. Each night, he gets "book and massage" before bed with his ice water. Such a lucky kiddo! He desperately wants a sleepover. At gymnastics, they advertise lock-ins, but they are girls only, and his feelings are very hurt over that. When we go places, he enjoys looking at the map on my phone and telling us where to turn next. He's not too bad at it! He loves science experiments, animals, and cooking. He loves friends and his sister. He absolutely loves to sing. I got several KidzBops CDs from the library and put them on his iPod. Brian went running with him the other day (Zac sat in the jogger stroller with his iPod), and Brian told me that Zac sang the entire run. He said passerbys were cracking up. He is still very much a cuddler, and continues to greet us each morning in bed with neck massages. He still loves to be held and snuggled and kissed. (not in front of his preschool friends). He doesn't like to play by himself. He loves to make tents in the living room and eat a snack inside with Mommy and Sissy. He'd rather eat fruit than chocolate. He can inhale strawberries and blueberries, but still has halloween candy in his pumpkin. He hates green veggies and allergy medication. He's a great big brother, and I call him my Assistant Daddy. He is an amazing child and we are so blessed by him every single day!!

As I type this, he is out turkey hunting with Daddy. Getting out the camo clothes is a HUGE deal around here. He always makes sure I pack his camo underwear, too. True story.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

From one mommy to another - pierce those ears! With Macy, she was three yrs and that is why we did Paige at 3mths~ w/babies it is like just another shot appt. But with Macy...she saw it coming and it was brutal. We did Claire's both times but I know some peditricians do it in their office...

BTW, love your new beach pic at the top! (I always read you thru bloglines but I actually went to your blog today!)