Sunday, June 28, 2009

Our little reader

We're busy today packing up the kitchen - our BIG room to pack before moving.

I've already sorted the bathrooms and dresser drawers, cleaned out all the cabinets, getting rid of things we don't need/use/want to move. Those drawers/cabinets are ready to each be thrown into a box. Easy.

With the kitchen, it's just that you have to wrap everything and it takes so long. But all our boxes are in the backyard, and it's supposed to rain tomorrow, so today's the day to get it done.

Then, off to Walmart to buy paper plates. I think I'll buy some birthday party plates to make it kind of fun for this week. :)




Anyways, on to bragging on ZZ....

We are SOOOOO proud of his reading lately. He saw a bus on Friday and announced, "Dallas CONTINUE Schools." It actually said "Dallas COUNTY schools"... but he still amazes us.

We joined the summer reading club/contest at the church library today, so that should be something fun for ZZ this month. The top 25 readers in each age group get their picture in the library!

This night that I took this video... I actually video'd pretty much the entire book. But we thought we'd spare you and just give you the last 2 pages.

He won't read to show off to anyone else. (And he doesn't understand my desperate desire to show him off to the world!!!) But he loves to be videotaped reading b/c then he can actually watch himself. And who doesn't like to watch themselves on video?

Enjoy our little reader. :)

1 comment:

myfriar said...

Boy Genius! And cuuuuute, too!!!!