He's *rarely* this sick. I can only remember two other times - both of which were in 2006 - a long time ago!
*Specifically, pray that he is able to keep down fluids to stay hydrated. (He also has diarrhea)
*That he can keep down Motrin long enough to keep away a fever.
*Also, that Brian and I will know when to bring him in if we have to. He already is starting to look very worn out.
*Also, that little Selah Grace won't be affected in any way. I don't CARE if I get sick, and I'll cuddle Zac through every episode he will have, but I really don't want SG to be affected. I'm very tired from lack of sleep and trying to keep up with the laundry (we ran out of sheets and towels and jammies over the night) so he has something warm to sleep in. I had some cramping earlier in the week from doing way too much at vacation bible school (pregnant woman should not be moving tables and jumping around like frogs with 3 year olds) and was trying to keep it easy for the remainder of the week for her sake.
*Brian is out of town, but will be home tonight (Praise the Lord, he unexpectedly had a cancelled meeting). Please pray that he gets home safely, as he is extremely concerned for both ZZ and SG - and while he has seen Zac throw up before, it's always just been because of an ear infection - not like this. :(
Zac is being SO brave. He's learning how to throw up in the toilet, but it's still so scary for him. And he's getting harder for me to carry around, which he really wants right now.
We covet your prayers for our babies. We'll update again. Thanks SO MUCH!!
--------------------*UPDATE*---------------------------
8am... still throwing up... bless his sweet little heart...

--------------------*UPDATE*---------------------------
1:30 ..... feeling better!! And I love ZZ's nurse!!
I called his dr office and his nurse called me back right away. She gave me all sorts of advice, which included a trip to the grocery store (another reason to ALWAYS wipe down your grocery cart!! I had to put my sick little one in there!).
But I mixed up a Koolaid/Pedialyte concoction and gave him one teaspoon every 5 minutes for one hour, 2t every 5 minutes for the next hour. Then he started asking for some food. He went potty (a great sign!) and was able to eat a bowl of cheerios (didn't want crackers).
He is in much better spirits and says his tummy feels "good." Drastic difference from watching him endure stomach cramping for hours. :(
Thank you for all your prayers!!!! :) :)
Our house smells like a mixture of clean laundry and Lysol. And I've never been MORE thankful for tile flooring. And my hands are chapped from washing them every time I looked at Zac. But it looks like I'm in the clear. :)
Now, if I could just get in a nap, I might feel more human.
3 comments:
That is just pitiful - hang in there!!
I'm glad he is feeling better. That last pic of him is So good. He is SO cute!!!
Cheerios and not Zesta?! Who's kid IS this anyway! Seriously though, I'm glad he's feeling better, it's awful when they can't keep anything down because you know the next step is going to be given via needle.
Post a Comment