ZZ and I got to have a date last week! It was sososo special and fun.
First we went out to lunch at Genghis Grill. His choice, because he wanted to eat with chopsticks. Which he did for the entire meal.
Then we went to Baskin Robbins for a scoop of ice cream. But it was kinda cold out, so we ran back to the car and enjoyed our cones with the heat blasting our toes.
Then we hit the tennis courts for some practice. We got one good volley going, but mostly it was a lot of diving, laughing, and we managed to mysteriously lose one of our tennis balls.
We went home and relaxed for a bit, then met a friend at the playground to play. After that, we went to Cindi's for a yummy breakfast dinner.
Spending time alone with Z is just such a blessing. It's pretty rare! I treasure our conversation. I love asking open-ended questions and hearing 7yo views on life. He's insightful, funny, kind, thoughtful, happy, and sweet.
I look back in my journals to my desperate prayers for my first born. That God would honor the meaning of Z's name: The Lord Remembers.
And He has. He surely has.
He has taken my child's hurts and struggles. His broken family. He has provided for Z the way that only the Holy Spirit can, giving him the most beautiful outlook on life.
Z is the kid who is always writing us love notes, thanking us for what we do for him. Seriously! Just yesterday on the way home from church, there he was in the back seat.. "I just really want to thank you guys for all the things you do for me and buy for me. I just really appreciate it." (I mean - how do you not want to take him to the mall after that?!? Lol)
He wakes up (ahem - earrrllyyy) with the biggest smile. Saturday morning he was trying to cuddle with us in bed (6:30! Sigh.) and he says in the most chipper voice: "So, what do you guys want to chat about?" It's so cute, we can't help but start laughing.
He is our little ray of sunshine sent straight from the Lord above. Always offering to help. Offering to hold A. Offering to distract SG. Offering to help with dinner. Offering to clean the pool. He even "babysits" the two youngest in the playroom while I make dinner.
Getting to give him some super special quality time was definitely more of a treat for me!
I loved my little sweetie pie!!!
Monday, February 13, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment