Saturday, February 18, 2012

Kidney testing

We took SG in for a day of kidney testing yesterday. She is such a little trooper!

The saddest part by far was getting in her IV. I knew from our last hospital visit that her veins were difficult. And sure enough, they were very frustrating for the nurses. They told me later to know that her veins are very deep and they roll. I'm not sure what that means, but I know it made my baby girl scream pretty loud. :( I took a pic of our vein-y hands because she definitely doesn't get it from us. Lol

Anyways, the verdict from the testing is that her kidneys look "pristine." That is great news! Reflux kids run the risk of irreversible kidney damage (scarring, etc). And her new dr wanted to get a good baseline, as well as make sure they looked okay after her kidney infection in November.

So, yay!! We go back in 6mo for more testing. Hopefully avoiding anymore infections before then. :)

Going to the Children's Hospital is always full of fun things to do. The cool train tracks, live piano music to dance to, the art room, library, and playgrounds. Plus, SG got a cute new baby doll that came with a paci and a bottle. She loves her new doll. Even if she had to endure some pain for it!

No comments: