Thursday, September 9, 2010

Grouch

Still here, but you probably don't want to hear from me. I'm still nauseous. And now I'm on Day 6 of a horrible cold. I even did the unthinkable and did a "nasal rinse" several times yesterday, but no change. It's just a crappy time right now and I am grouchy.

Grouchy about STILL feeling sick. 15 weeks and still sick. Not fair.

Grouchy about this cold that will not go away. And my nose is soooo sore.

Grouchy that Zac keeps bringing home coloring sheets from Kindergarten and his teacher keeps spelling his full name without the "h" at the end. And apparently yesterday she held up a flashcard with the word "big" on it, and he said everyone kept saying it was the word "blue" and that frustrated him, and I don't blame him, and he finally held up his hand and answered correctly, and I'm like WHY am I sending him to a daycare? Because that's what it feels like.

Lots more, but I'm too grouchy to continue. The end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just curious - did you have the option of requesting a teacher for him - because this one sounds like a dud - sorry to be blunt! lol! I will say that for the first month it is pretty hard to differentiate because small groups don't start until usually after the 6th week - so that would be the point at which I would be really concerned if you don't see challenging work coming home. He should be put in a group that gets to do leveled readers so he is reading on his level. Independent Reading Bags are big in kinder - where he would have an ever changing collection of 5 or 6 books on his level that he gets to read from each day - separate from what the teacher would be doing in small group reading rotations.
Also - another thing to keep your eye out for while you are on "official room mom duties" - wink wink - is what kind of learning stations she has out.
My zoomers generally are writing pretty creative (and hilarious) stuff in journals (the rest of the kids are just trying to hold a pencil right and respond to their name when called.....ahhhhhhh serenity now for the teacher!!!!) but I also have a myriad of st and 2nd grade hands on super cool Lakeshore things that I have for enrichment so I would TOTALLY be scoping the room to see what she has going on!
I am curious what you think of the other kinder teachers at the school - are you zoned for that school and have to go to it - or is it a great school that you are excited to have him in? I'm curious

Leigh