Thursday, September 2, 2010

Sparks!!

We usually just do choir on Wednesday nights.

By "we" I mean "Zachariah." Because as much as I'd like to be in the choir, I'm fairly certain they do not want me there.

But this year, we decided to try Awanas again. We did it 2 years ago (remember the Jesus cake?!), but it was sooooo late. Staying up until 8:00 for a 7:00 kind of guy... it was pitiful.

He moved from Cubbies to Sparks this year, and was thrilled about that. Little things, right?


Anyways, choir and awanas started last week, but I forgot to take him to Awanas after choir because I'm pregnant and all. And turns out this was my week to volunteer in Awanas, so we kind of had to go.

I dreaded dropping SG off for so long, because now she doesn't wait until we leave to have us paged due to uncontrollable crying - she just bursts into tears right as we are handing her over. Fun. (although they assure me she stops soon after!!)

So, off Zac went to choir with his good friend Abby (from co-op last year - sweet girl!!), and off I went to do my choir volunteering.

I met back up with Zac in his Awanas classroom. Turns out they already had a memory verse due and I felt bad for Zac when each child started getting 5 Awana Bucks for memorizing the whole thing.

Before we moved on to the gym, the lead teacher handed Zac his little book with his memory verse, and it wasn't a minute later when I realized he had read it and memorized it and telling the teacher that he would like to recite. And he was ready for the money!

It was funny b/c I don't think the teacher was expecting him to 1. Read it all by himself, and 2. Memorize it all.

Anyways, I was SO proud of him!!!

This was his verse: (probably most of which he already knew, but still proud nonetheless!)

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16


He still knew it on the way home, and at breakfast this morning, so YAY!


On an even better note, when Awanas was over, we went to pick up Selah Grace and she wasn't crying! AND, she got her first ride in the buggy today!!! (the giant 6-kid stroller) AND, apparently she held hands with another little baby boy during the buggy ride and it was so cute!!!

AND - everyone went to bed quickly and quietly within minutes of returning home!!

There is a GOD! :)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I loved AWANA and I can still sing the Sparks theme song. ;) It's a great place to memorize bible verses for sure. Glad SG had fun in the nursery too.