Thursday, September 16, 2010

Room Mom!

I did it! I am officially a room mom. Now I can die.


I'm so excited for my first real room mom meeting tomorrow morning, and hope it goes better than the PTA meeting we went to this morning where I realized why little siblings are a little less than welcome up at the school, and it's called SELAH GRACE. I did all the mom things - stuffed her face with banana bread, brought her paci, walked her around the library - all while trying my best to listen and not cause a scene. But when my sweet adorable little princess proceeded to fill up her diaper in a particularly loud and smelly way.... well, that was our cue to leave.

Maybe dip that paci in some benadryl tomorrow? ......


Zachariah gets so tickled when he knows I'll be up at school. He loves when I volunteer at choir, awanas, school things. It's fun to be the cool kid whose mom helps the teacher. I will need to find childcare for the actual parties, but other than that, I can do most things from home.

I wrote the teacher an email last night telling her that I was thrilled to be her room mom. I'm not expecting to hear much back. I'm pretty sure my first impression of her was pretty accurate. I go to church with the school nurse, and spoke with her last night about the teacher. Turns out she had her for her son, too. And the teacher is NOT warm and fuzzy at all. At least she's like that with everyone! Honestly, Zachariah is not bothered by it at all. So that makes me feel better. I also asked in the email about Zachariah possibly doing some extra projects at home for enrichment. I debated on asking about that, but omgosh, he is SO bored. Coloring pictures of bears is super cute, don't get me wrong. But he needs more than that.



That's all I got. I am sewing again today! It's fun! I made some ADORABLE pants for Selah Grace yesterday. I tried to take her pic in them, but without Brian to hold her - she won't stay still and all the pics are just a blurry baby crawling away. I'm going to make her a lot of pairs of these pants, they are to-die-for cute. Also busy making some gifts. Fun day!

No comments: