One time I wore them and someone told me I didn't even look pregnant from the back. Hence, they became my favorite pants. And she became my BFF. 4-ever.
We had a super fun and busy labor day weekend! Zac and Brian were gone for a couple of days on a hunting trip. I missed them SOOOOOOO much!!!! My original plan was to get lots of stuff done. But instead, I moped around and took lots of naps.
On Sunday, we had a BBQ pool party for our residents. We had a wonderful turn-out! But it was a lot of work and really hot. Zac swam for the entire 3 hours. He got out one time to have a popsicle. He just loves to swim. We got to connect with lots of residents and the food was great. Burgers on the grill just taste so good. We have a charcoal grill here - a weber - and I think they taste even better on that than our propane grill.
Monday was a birthday party for some of our closest friends. It's one of those families where the dads are friends, the moms are friends, and our kids are the same age, too. PLUS - she's due with a little girl this fall, too. It's so fun to hang with them! After the party, we got Zac's 5-year-old pics taken, then off to another party with great friends. They have a waterslide bounce house, so you can guess where Zac was the whole time.
We are back to the routine this morning. We have co-op and Zac had to finish some homework. And I gathered up lots of things to keep me busy this time. Although it's mostly budget stuff... yuck. But hopefully the 2 hours will fly by.
Then we rush home to go shopping and get ready for a big spaghetti dinner we are hosting tomorrow night. We have to do all the prep tonight because tomorrow will be packed full with bible study, dr appt, library, choir, etc.
A couple of pictures to share.... :)
Zac's poster for co-op last Tuesday...

When we got to class, his poster was definitely the messiest one. :( But it was totally done by him, and I felt good about that. The others were done by parents, and they were all cutely colored and matchy-matchy with stickers and stuff. But, as a teacher, I loved the kid-made projects, even if they looked terrible. So, I was really proud of him for doing this by himself. :)
Translations....He says he wants to be a pilot now (thanks to Chris being so cool!), and for the "pet" part, he writes that he wants a cat. And his favorite food is oatmeal. I think everything else is fairly legible.
He had to present this in class and was extremely nervous. But he later told me that his teacher helped him.
Outside of our apartment with banana bread for the teacher and his poster...

Outside of the church where Tuesday's co-op is held... he is starting to get really unsure... lol

With his co-op teacher.... And a friend from our summer bible study is in his class! Yay! And his name is Zachary, so they are buddies immediately. :)

The boys are hunting! :) We have so much dove to eat now. Hopefully we can have a cookout/swim party soon. :)

Zac out hunting with Brian.... He carries just a BB gun. Brian is very strict with the safety rules, so I don't worry too much. He's had this gun for over a year now, and practices a lot on Dr. Pepper cans at Brian's parent's house. He's a pretty good shot for a 4 year old. :)

I didn't get much done for Selah Grace this weekend. But I made this cute little bow! And I got some SUPER cute little hats and headbands to attach all these bows to, since she probably won't have any hair at all. :)

And I made this coming-home outfit for her to wear home from the hospital. It's just a little pinafore, but I love the pattern - it's so easy. I tried another way when I was trying to make her a halloween dress this weekend, but it turned out horrible. So I scrapped that, and I am now making a Halloween pinafore and a Thanksgiving pinafore. Hopefully I can get them done this week. :)

Hope everyone has a wonderful 4-day work week!!!
1 comment:
oh i love her coming home outfit!!! i can't believe you made it all by yourself!!!!
Post a Comment