We got up this morning VERY excited for ZZ's first day at co-op!
We started off the day with Breakfast-on-the-go. Brian and I had actually been up since before dawn, making breakfast burritos to pass out to our residents on their way to work. Brian couldn't stay the whole time, but Zac was the one who passed out most of the burritos! He would tell people, "Have a great one!" and "Enjoy your breakfast!" We've met some A&M residents who we've chatted with now and then. When one of them was about to drive off, Zac yelled, "Get yer guns up!" SO funny.
Then Zac and I came back and made some banana bread for his new teacher. Then it was time to start getting ready.
Right before we left, Zac says, "Well, I decided I don't want to go. I'm too nervous."
Perhaps it was the papparazzi state I was in, trying to document his every move from the living room to the car. Instead, I decided to lay off with the camera and chill out. haha
He went in just fine. I could tell he felt uncomfortable, but was trying to be brave and play it cool.
Then I was stuck with 2 hours of nothing to do. I have to stay on campus, but there were no really good places for someone as large as me to be comfy. And I forgot to bring stuff to read or work on. It will be a fun time for me and Selah to spend together, but until then, I'm bored! And unless I can find a bed to lay down in.... I see this two hours being just a little bit tough for the next couple of weeks.
Plus I was dying not knowing what Zac was doing in class!!
We are really enjoying this co-op so far. It's very well-run and organized. I appreciate that it is more conservative (dress code, etc) and Christian based. We already know several families, including Brian's cousin's family and some family friends of one of our renters. And it's been around forEVER, so the program is excellent. They have yearbooks, ID cards, etc. My only thing so far is that there is only one class for his age. Next year, if we stay, he could have a full day of classes (just one day a week), which I think he would really benefit from.
We have two other co-ops we are members of right now. One we will start on Thursday, and the other we will start in January (ended up on the wait list for fall). So potentially, he could be in "school" 3 days a week, but we'll see.
I finally got to pick him up and although he seemed excited to see me, I was the first mom and he clearly was not ready to go. He waved happily, then went back to his playdoh creations with his new friends.
On the way home, he told me about all the kids in his class, how he got to present his All About Me poster we worked on, the craft they made, the snack they made. And how they talked about the alphabet and each child got to point to the first letter of their first name on the ABC poster. (please let him be challenged at some point this year!) He also said, "When we first got here, I was nervous about talking about my poster and that this wouldn't be fun. But it was really fun, Mommy." Yay for that!!! :)
We drove to my dr appt and Zac did his homework (tracing the letters A,B,C). Then we stopped at the two really great thrift shops near the office.
This is where I get in trouble for buying more clothes for the kids - but I only spent $15 and Selah got 2 outfits - including a Texas Tech!!! And Zac got 8 long sleeved shirts - including Cowboys, Star Wars, AND Under Armour!! Come on babe - it's SO worth it!!.
As ZZ said at the checkout line, "You can't beat that deal."
Right on my little shopping partner.
We left the thrift store too close to bedtime and he crashed on the way home. This child is NOT a night person. He was sound asleep by 6:55.
All that to say - I can't find the camera cord. So hopefully that was a good enough mental picture of ZZ's first day at co-op!! :)
(Pictures as soon as I can find the cord!)
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment