funny ZZ story....
Zac and I were trying to load paper into his calculator yesterday. You know, the kind that you can add things up and print it out? I got it at a garage sale for free last year, and it's a fav toy around here. But the paper came out during the move. And it's really crazy how HARD it is to figure out how to reload it. Seriously. I've done google searches and tons of people have the same problem. I still haven't figured it out yet.
ANYWAYS.
We're on the floor with a butter knife and post-it notes (idea from google) and Zac looks up at me and says, "I have a hypothesis."
I was like, huh?!
He cracks me up. It was sort of in context... so I give him an A+ in vocabulary this week. Because I can.
I'm going to try and sew this weekend. But I'm very emotional right now. It's hard to sew while crying.
Why am I crying? No reason, really. Just emotional I guess.
I actually have a thousand reasons, but they all are just SO lame and make no sense. Unless you're 39 weeks pregnant. Then you'd TOTALLY understand.
But I have that halloween outfit to make. And a pillow for Zac I need to finish. And I found two outfits that don't have a matching bow (I know... the horror). And the kids' room has window treatments that are about 2 feet off the floor, which need to find the matching fabric to fix it. And there are some really cute cubby holders that are $84 which would totally match their room, but I got a big fat no on that. And even if I wanted to get them now, they are sold out. And I need to figure out how to make a Clone Wars cake between now and Saturday. And a Texas Tech cake, too. (he's having two... don't ask!) I haven't made Selah Grace a single burp cloth. She has not one. Because me, in my infinite wisdom, claimed I would make them all personalized for her. So, they are lying on top of my sewing machine, along with all the fabric to make a little tutu, and a Tech cheer uniform, and too many other projects. I have all these things that I meant to make or bring or buy for friends with new babies, birthdays, new teachers for ZZ, etc. But now I'm so behind. I didn't know to bring a lunch for Zac today at MOPS, so he ate a ghetto lunch consisting of Lucky Charms (remainder of his ghetto breakfast) and an old water bottle from my car in a walmart bag with an ugly piece of masking tape across it. Nice. In the cute "lunch basket" where the other children had embroidered lunch bags probably stuffed with dinosaur shaped sandwiches and representatives of each of the 4 food groups. My computer table is a mess. I still haven't finished the September budget (yes, we are already 11 days into that). I haven't made a call list for the hospital. Or a birth plan. Or the really cute idea to bring the nurses baskets of food, snacks, and drinks. This apartment is so messy, even Zac told me it was time to do some laundry. I think I'd rather drag Zac to the hospital to watch me in labor than have ANYone see this disaster. Seriously. All the people/things on my prayer list have me crying before I even start praying. And for some reason, I am having a super hard time with Brian traveling lately. Even though it's never bothered me before. I can't say goodbye lately without turning into a blubbering mess. Poor guy can't even call to say hi without me completely losing it. He just called to tell me about how fast the four-wheeler can go, and I burst into tears envisioning some sort of terrible accident. My wonderful amazing doctor is going out of town FOR A WHOLE WEEK next week. NEXT WEEK. That is totally freaking me out and I am soliciting any kind of prayer you can offer up that I do not go into labor next week without him.
Last night I went to bed at 8:00pm. But I still took a super long nap today. I'm exhausted and sore. My hands hurt (the "falling asleep" turned into carpal tunnel), my back hurts, my feet hurt.
My brain hurts.
I think I am going to buy some ice cream and call it a night.
Friday, September 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm so sorry. It feels so overwhelming, I know! You have been so gracious to keep us in your prayers, and we are definitely lifting you up in ours. Hang in there! Before you know it you'll be holding that beautiful girl in your arms and none of this will matter!
Hey friend! I completely remember being where you are. I wish I could come over and help you with some of it...not the sewing of course...but I can clean up. ;) I will pray that you don't have her when your doctor is away.
Phil. 4:6,7 "Do not be anxious about anything but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God,which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. (AMEN!!)
Sarah, I am so sorry you are feeling overwhelmed! Just know I am thinking of you and praying for you. One little nugget, just know that what doesn't get done before the baby is born will get done at some point. If it doesn't, its not that important anyway! Evan didn't have ANY cute/personalized burpcloths (a total travesty I know) but he survived :) Same for the curtains and stuff like that.
I will also say, DON"T FREAKING WORRY ABOUT BASKETS FOR NURSES! Seriously, no one really does that. You won't have a worse experience just because you don't have a goody basket for them! They will be fine. You should be worrying a little more about you and they will too :) You are so sweet, they will take good care of you because of that.
Plus, you said you had a suspicion she'll come a few days late, so that will buy you some time to get a few odds and ends done! You'll be surprised how much you'll get done! Hang in there, none of this will matter in a few short weeks :)
Here are some solutions....the burp clothes can wait, beause really if you need one you can use a towel, you can share your hospital food with the nurses, Zac was probably happy to have the lucky charms as opposed to a food group lunch....most of the kids never even eat while they are there, no one expects a pregnant person to have a clean house (how in the world are you supposed to keep bending over, you could go into labor), and it will all work out, and it is totally normal to cry the last week of pregnancy (or when you are just 24 weeks pregnant). In all seriousness, I'll be praying for you, it is hard. When Kenny would go out of town after Grace was born I would burst into tears, so if that is still happening when Selah comes just give us a call I would love to come hold her, or you could come over here.
Post a Comment